WAL
Land: anderes Land
Motorrad: Versys
Baujahr: 2007
Farbe des Motorrads: Orange
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 38000

Spring clean

#1 Beitrag von WAL »

anyone else spring cleaning.....mine was in need of some loving after the winter, thank you Germany for S Doc 100....brilliant stuff. :top:

all panels off, and everything cleaned, if i'm going to keep this bike another year, I thought I will be thorough, calipers cleaned and new std pads fitted, my rear subframes were starting to rust, so i sprayed them, turned out ok, new plugs and air filter cleaned, throttle bodies synced, I fitted new Roadsmart tyre to rear, (very stiff to fit) new one coming soon for the front, swapped my bulbs for hi brightness ones, cables off and oiled, exhaust cleaned, and sprayed black around the rad area

all I have to do the rest of the year is a quick wash now and then.......and ride it.... :dance:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

everyday
gesperrt
Motorrad: meins

Re: Spring clean

#2 Beitrag von everyday »

Ee Up mate,

looks new, good job :top: :respekt:
fahr so als ob Du sie geklaut hättest

Lucky66m
Land: Deutschland
Motorrad: BMW F700GS+Kymco400i
Baujahr: 2016
Farbe des Motorrads: weiss
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 40

#3 Beitrag von Lucky66m »

Hey Wal,
your online times are similar cracy than my :roll:
If you are boring next winter and you have no idea how you will spend your time, you could strip and clean my KV on the same way. ;)
At me my bike get not enough love for a detailed cleaning as yours :pfeif:

Your bike is now really in an excellent condition. good job done :]

BTW...is the roadsmart a good choice regarding the weather and the roads in UK?

Probably I`ve to change my tyres also before the Wales meeting. At present is my favourite the Z8.

Have a nice weekend

Stefan
Zuletzt geändert von Lucky66m am 16. Mär 2014 08:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Gruß Stefan/Lucky66m

blahwas
Der schräge Admin
Motorrad: Versys 650 Nr. 6
Farbe des Motorrads: rot
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 2000

#4 Beitrag von blahwas »

Your bike is so clean, it makes the rest of us look dirty :)

no tree-hugger
Land: Schweiz
Motorrad: Versys 1000
Baujahr: 2013
Farbe des Motorrads: moondust grey
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 6000

#5 Beitrag von no tree-hugger »

Hi Wal

And consider a good protection against salt and snow - as you are joining the Kärnten-meeting.

But you set a challenge to all of us for the cleaning in the future. Good Job.
hinfallen, aufstehen --> Krone richten, weiterfahren

kingandy
Motorrad: Versys nur anders
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 0

#6 Beitrag von kingandy »

Hallo,

kann mal jemand sagen,was das für ein Ding(messing farbend) auf der linken Motorseite ist ?

kingandy
DU bist ein FREIER Mensch mit einem FREIEN Willen - geboren um dich zu ERFAHREN und zu FÜHLEN.
Lass dich nicht BEUGEN - nicht KNECHTEN - sondern folge deinem HERZEN.
Lebe dein LEBEN nicht - um es Anderen RECHT zu machen - ihnen zu GEFALLEN - sondern gehe den WEG - der dich in die FREIHEIT führt. Betrachte dein LEBEN als CHANCE - zu REIFEN und GLÜCKLICH zu werden.

no tree-hugger
Land: Schweiz
Motorrad: Versys 1000
Baujahr: 2013
Farbe des Motorrads: moondust grey
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 6000

#7 Beitrag von no tree-hugger »

Ein "tax disc holder" - sowas wie die TÜV Plakette in DE oder das weisse Pickerl in AT

@Wal: correct me if I am wrong.
hinfallen, aufstehen --> Krone richten, weiterfahren

WAL
Land: anderes Land
Motorrad: Versys
Farbe des Motorrads: Orange
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 38000

#8 Beitrag von WAL »

yes its a road tax disc holder, about £75 every year (I think about 130 euro's) after this year we do not need to display it, all information will be stored electronically....the police can tell from your number plate check if you are legal, they have a camera in the police car called ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) it reads your plate, and gives a warning if you have no tax, insurance, MOT certificate etc .......I think your TUV is the same as our MOT test....a yearly check on mechanical condition of vehicle......not sure if you pay road tax..... :keineahnung:

Lucky
the Roadsmart are decent tyres, plenty of good reviews for them..good for wet roads........there is also a new Roadsmart 2....supposedly a bit better.......

I like to give my bike a really good clean at the beginning of the year, then I know its ok for the rest of the year.....i'm not too precious about it, it gets well used and thrashed often. :pfeif: ..about 80,000kms I think now.. if you havn't tried SDoc100 give it a go, really cleans well

i'll see you in Wales, last year I met Uwe off the ferry in Newcastle, and we rode up to Scotland, collecting many other riders on the way...great ride

i'm 90% sure i'll be in Germany (around Dusseldorf) at Easter...looking for work over there.....may get to meet Everyday in Louis.de at Aachen if he's free for a coffee
Zuletzt geändert von WAL am 16. Mär 2014 12:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Lucky66m
Motorrad: BMW F700GS+Kymco400i
Baujahr: 2016
Farbe des Motorrads: weiss
zurückgelegte Kilometer: 40

#9 Beitrag von Lucky66m »

Wal
with the Roadsmart on Suzuki Bandit 1250 the grip was perfect, unfortunately the handling changed too much after 4.500km.
The weight of the suzuki was more than 260kg (with accessories) The Versys650 is much easier to move. Therefore I can imagine that this Roadsmart works with this bike pretty well.

During the next 4 weeks I`ll meet Uwe to agree some details for the meet in Wales. His home is not so far away from me, so we will meet us in the middle for a small Sunday ride.

At Ester we`ll make a tour with some friends, but til now we have`nt choosen the area for this trip.

If our choice will be near Aachen, I`ll contact everyday. Perhaps there is a possibility to meet us before Wales.
Zuletzt geändert von Lucky66m am 16. Mär 2014 13:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Gruß Stefan/Lucky66m

everyday
gesperrt
Motorrad: meins

#10 Beitrag von everyday »

WAL hat geschrieben:
i'm 90% sure i'll be in Germany (around Dusseldorf) at Easter...looking for work over there.....may get to meet Everyday in Louis.de at Aachen if he's free for a coffee
:jubel: I'll do my very best to be there. If you give me early enough the point in time, I'm 100% sure to arrange it.

@ lucky66m, we'll stay in touch, yes it will be nice. :top:
fahr so als ob Du sie geklaut hättest

Antworten

Zurück zu „Lack, Polster, Verkleidung, Pflege der Kawasaki Versys 650“